Saturday, September 5, 2015

Heather's Quilt

Heather is the niece of one of my local customer's and she shipped her quilt top & backing to me earlier this summer. I finally got around to quilting it for her and have shipped it back to her.
Heather says the pattern name is "High Rise".





She plans to give it to her brother and I'm sure he'll love it! It is a very striking-looking quilt!
I quilted it with a paper pantograph pattern by Irene Steele called "Soap Flakes"
I liked the combination of curves and points and the fact that the pattern interlocks closely. The batting is Dream Wool by Quilters Dream Batting. I choose "Camel" Signature Cotton Thread which looks great on both the top and the back.
The color is a little off in this shot but the colors above in the top are accurate.
I am going to have "total knee replacement surgery" soon (right first, then my left after the first of the year so it will be awhile before I'm ready to quilt).

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment